Pages

Friday 8 October 2010

Orly Nail Polish

I have just purchased 5 new Orly shades from head2toebeauty, the shade I got are:
Rockin Rockette – A sparkly deep red brown, from their new ‘Tis the season collection.
Halleys Comet – A momchrome sparkly turquoise blue, from their Cosmic FX collection
Out Of This World – A purple black with lots of purple monochrome sparkle, from the Cosmic FX collection.
One Night Stand – An orange based red, from the Divorcee Collection
Happily Ever After – A deep purple plum, from the Once Upon A Time Collection

I also already own:
Get a Grip – A pink purple almost metallic
Velvet Rope – Dark purple with silver sparkle
      
(Sorry its not the best swatch pic)

The quality of Orly polishes are amazing!! They go on so smooth and even and don’t streak or go gloopy. I don’t have a very steady hand and I love these polishes they make it a lot easier to get you nail polish looking neat.
For me some colours take 2-3 coats as I have quite prominent white tips, but once their on they last really well especially with a top coat if you decide to use one.
I really like Out of this world however I can achieve a similar look using Velvet Rope other a dark base such as a dark purple black, so I am unsure whether to keep this.
Rockin Rockette is a festive shade and if you like a brown shade varnish you will love it, however I’m not to sure.
Halleys Comet is amazing it is smooth and doesn’t contain glitter chunks but the sparkle is great and evenly distributed instead of a glitter which is hard to spread out.
One Night Stand is a nice colour but not quite that phone box red I was hoping for.

Happily Ever After is gorgeous even though I brought this thinking it was a different shade I don’t mind because I love it, it is in the same colour family as Get A Grip but with a very different finish, Happily ever after has a subtle sheen whereas Get A Grip is slightly metallic.
Velvet Rope is great its not to bright not to dark this would be perfect if the glitter was pink or a different shade of purple, but I still love it, I would like to find something right between Velvet Rope and Out Of This World and stick with that, yes I know I am hard to please.

Anyone recommend what Orly colour I try next? x

No comments:

Post a Comment